1. Search for and download our “PEFCU Mobile Banking” app from your mobile device’s app store.
- Click “Enroll Now” to begin process.
- Enter the code (sent to you via email) to complete verification.*
*If you have previously enrolled in Online Banking for PEFCU Mobile Banking, you will be emailed a one-time pin instead of an enrollment code.
Yes, PEFCU's Mobile Banking is a free service. However, you may incur additional charges from your cellular carrier. Depending on which mobile banking application you use, your carrier may charge you for SMS text messaging or data services. Check with your individual carrier for details.
Send Money through PayPal does have a $1.00 fee to use this service through PEFCU Mobile Banking.
Yes. Mobile devices must be registered during the setup process and unrecognized devices will not be allowed future access to your account information. In addition, data is encrypted between PEFCU and your device. Still, you must follow reasonable security precautions. As with any electronic banking service, you should never share your account number or password with anyone.
Note: Like any computer, your web-enabled cell phone or smart phone is susceptible to viruses, malicious sites and applications. Please use the same caution as you do with your computer when opening emails, clicking on links, and surfing the web via your phone.
This depends on which PEFCU Mobile Banking app you use. If you use the web browser-based version, no account information will reside on your device. However, if you use a downloadable application such as the IPhone/IPad or Android application, those applications will contain account balance information. Both applications, however, are secured by your username and password.
All data transmitted during the use of Online Banking is protected by 256-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology, providing one of the highest levels of security for protecting confidential transmission of data. The encryption process converts all transmitted information into strings of unrecognizable data, such that even if the data transmission were to be intercepted and recorded, no sensitive information could be retrieved from its contents.
Yes, you can view your transaction history through PEFCU's Mobile Banking.
All the accounts normally available to you through PEFCU's Online Banking are available to you through PEFCU's Mobile Banking.
Your account information is protected by your unique account number and password combination. Never share that information with anyone.
Also, please read: "Losing Your Mobile Device" for more information.
Yes, Mobile Bill Pay is available through your smart phone - Android or iPhone app.
Yes, up to ten (10) mobile devices can be registered with PEFCU's Mobile Banking
Yes, you will need to use our WAP SMS (Text Banking) option. However, charges may be applied from your carrier. Check with your specific cellular carrier for details.
Yes. Generally accepted security practices indicate all mobile devices should be "wiped" before they are disposed of or recycled. Check with your device manufacturer or cellular carrier for procedures specific to your device.
Yes, Mobile Deposit is available. It allows you to deposit checks by taking a photo of the front and back of the check with a smartphone (iPhone, Android), or a device such as an iPad.
PEFCU Mobile Banking app gives you more power at your fingertips! Downloading the mobile app will allow you access to many features of Online Banking. Additional features include:
- Quick Balance
- WAP SMS (Text Banking)
- Mobile Check Deposit
- PayPal ® Send Money
WAP (Wireless Access Point) is the web page that mobile users can use from an internet browser on a mobile device when a smartphone app is not available or when mobile users wish to set up SMS (Text Messaging) alerts, find branch locations, etc. The WAP site can also be accessed from an internet browser on any device such as; a computer, iPad or Tablet.
SMS allows users to receive text messages on their mobile device regarding their accounts. Users can use short codes and retrieve balance and transaction history information via text message. The text message number is 86020.
To enroll in WAP SMS Text Banking:
- Log in to https://mobile.pefcu.com or through the PEFCU Mobile Banking app.
- Select "WAP SMS (Text Banking)" from the menu.
- On the SMS profile, choose "ADD A MOBILE NUMBER" from the menu.
- Enter the mobile number and select "Continue."
- A verification code will be sent to the mobile number that was enrolled.
- Enter the verification code and select "Continue."
Short Codes will be sent via text message to 86020:
- B = Balance
- H = History
- X= Transfer (To transfer $100 from your 00 to 71 you would text - X S00 S71 100)
- MENU = List of available short codes
- STOP = Deactivate the phone from receiving SMS messages
Mobile Deposit is available on iPhone, Android and iPad3 devices and allows users to deposit checks into savings, checking, money market, and Club (excluding Holiday Clubs) accounts simply by taking a picture of the check. The Mobile Deposit option will be listed on the main menu in Mobile Banking. If you receive an error message after choosing the Mobile Deposit option, please call the Credit Union for assistance.
The daily deposit limit is $3000, with the first $600 as instant credit. The remaining funds will be held for two (2) business days. The $600 instant credit limit is a daily limit regardless of the number of checks deposited.
Mobile Deposit Instructions:
- Endorse the back of the check, including:
- Required accountholder signature(s)
- PEFCU deposit account number
- the words "For Mobile Deposits Only at PEFCU"
- From your mobile device, go to PEFCU Mobile Banking>Mobile Check Deposit.
- Select the deposit account from the drop-down list.
- Enter the dollar amount of the check.
- Press the “Check Front” and “Check Back” icons to take each photo of the front and back of the endorsed check. Note: All corners of the check must be visible in photos.
- Press the “Submit” button to complete your mobile deposit. If deposit is successful, a confirmation message will be displayed.
We recommend that you keep the original check for at least 10 days before discarding it. If the funding institution is unable to process the check image, we will contact you to give you further instructions.
PayPal® Send Money allows PEFCU members to use the WAP site or mobile app to send money to ANY individual by using an email address or by cell phone number. The funds can be sent from savings or checking accounts. There is a $1.00 fee per Send Money transaction. Be sure to verify that the e-mail address or cell phone number is correct before sending.
- After selecting the Send Money option on the main menu, choose account to send funds from.
- Type in the dollar amount to be sent.
- Enter the recipients email address or mobile phone number.
- Select the payment type. It is recommended to choose the Sending Money to friends and family option to avoid paying additional service charges.
- Tap the Send Money button to process the transaction. If the transaction is still pending, it can be cancelled in the transaction history within Send Money.
- For your protection, you will receive an email each time a Send Money transaction is completed on your account.