Dear Valued Members,
Since we are approaching this year’s tax filing season, we’d like to share some information with you that you may find useful:
- We are mailing forms 1098, 1099, and other tax statements related to your PEFCU account(s) by January 31, 2022.
- If you need a duplicate copy of any of these tax statements, please visit your local branch or call our Member Contact Center.
- The IRS will start accepting 2021 tax return filings on January 24, 2022.
- There is no need to let us know in advance that your tax refund is being issued to your PEFCU account. Also, we wouldn’t contact you to ask you to confirm that a tax refund is on its way.
- The quickest way to see if your tax refund has been deposited into your PEFCU account is by using our online or mobile banking options, which are available 24/7.
- You can check the status of your refund by visiting www.IRS.gov/refunds.
- To help you avoid tax fraud and scams, the IRS is giving taxpayers the ability to create an Identity Protection (IP) PIN. Click Get an IP PIN to create a PIN. You can also keep an eye out for tax scams by visiting the IRS Newsroom frequently during this season.
If you have any questions, you can contact us using secure messaging via online or mobile banking or call us at 1-800-226-6673.
Thank you for your membership.