1/5/2021 12:00 pm
Dear Valued Member,
On December 29, 2020, the IRS and Treasury Department confirmed a second round of stimulus payments will be issued to millions of eligible Americans (click here for the press release). We understand that this is important to you, so we’d like to offer you some tips that will keep you informed and help protect you from fraud:
- If you are eligible for a stimulus payment, you don’t have to apply for it. Neither the IRS nor PEFCU will contact you for your banking or personal information to send you a payment.
- As of December 22, 2020, banking information for this stimulus payment cannot be changed on the IRS website. If you haven’t changed it since the first round of stimulus checks, the IRS will likely reuse the banking information on file to issue a payment to your account.
- There is no need to let us know in advance that your stimulus payment is being issued to your PEFCU account. Also, we wouldn’t contact you to ask you to confirm that a stimulus payment is on its way.
- The quickest way to see if your stimulus payment has been deposited into your PEFCU account is by using our online or mobile banking options, which are available 24/7.
- If you have any questions about your eligibility, please check with the IRS at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment.
If you have other questions about stimulus payments, you can find answers at Get My Payment FAQs.