4/9/2020 at 2:00pm
COVID-19 Update: Helpful Resources for Those Affected
We hope that you and your family are safe and well. We know that these are difficult times. PEFCU is always considering unique ways to serve you better, even in unexpected circumstances. We’d like to give you some reminders and resources that we hope are useful to you.
Coronavirus Relief Bill: IRS Stimulus Payment
In accordance with the Coronavirus Relief Bill (CARES Act), qualified households should begin receiving economic impact payments in the form of direct deposits or treasury checks in the next few weeks. The IRS will be issuing the payments, and the IRS is your best source for information about stimulus checks. Here is some important information that you should know:
- Direct deposits will be based on your most recent tax returns. If your 2019 taxes have not been filed yet, your 2018 tax information will be used.
- If you did not use direct deposit when you filed your taxes, the IRS can still help you set up direct deposit for a faster payment. They will set up a web-based portal for you to submit your direct deposit information.
- You will be able to check the progress of your stimulus payment on the IRS website once you register.
- If you receive a paper stimulus check, you can deposit it at a PEFCU branch/ATM, a participating CO-OP ATM, or you can use the mobile banking feature of the PEFCU Mobile Banking app.
Full details can be found at the IRS website: Economic Impact Payments.
Small Business Owners: Tips for COVID-19 Recovery
PEFCU is committed to coming up with innovative solutions for your family’s personal banking needs. Though we don’t offer commercial lending/member business lending, we understand that there are small business owners who you know and love, and who may have been impacted by these difficult times. To help the small business owners in your life, please have them visit the Small Business Development Center’s webpage, COVID-19 Business Disaster Recovery Assistance, to apply for federal and/or state hardship assistance programs, like the Paycheck Protection Program, Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL), and others.
Staying Safe: Beware of COVID-19 Scams
Please be aware of scams related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Scammers use fake emails, text messages, and phone calls to get you to share valuable personal information such as account numbers, Social Security numbers, and passwords. Here are some tips to keep you safe:
- Don’t open suspicious emails.
- Don’t click suspicious links or attachments.
- Hang up on suspicious calls or robocalls.
As a reminder, PEFCU will NEVER contact you to disclose confidential information. If you suspect any fraudulent activity, please contact our Member Contact Center at 1-800-226-6673.
Remember that many of our services that we offer can be accessed via Online Banking (www.pefcu.com) or the PEFCU Mobile Banking app. This includes loan payments, mobile check deposits, balance transfers, and more! You can also reach out to us via Live Chat or messaging via the PEFCU Mobile Banking app. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@PublixCU), call our Member Contact Center or check our online newsroom (www.pefcu.com/about/newsroom) for more updates. If you have questions about any of our digital services, please contact our Member Contact Center at (800) 226-6673.
We’re Helping YOU Live Your Best Financial Life
We’re glad to be on your team as we navigate through this unprecedented time. You and your family are always in our thoughts. Please reach out if you need us.